hero image


Complaints Process

At Qwest Energy we pride ourselves on providing an exceptional service to all our customers. However, we know that there will be times when we get things wrong. When this happens, we promise to take this seriously and aim to sort things out as quickly as possible.

If you’re unhappy with our service, for whatever reason, then we’d like to understand why, so we can endeavor to put things right as quickly and effectively as possible.

Our complaints process is outlined below

Making a Complaint

Contact our Customer Service team

- Call us free on 0800 160 1240

- Email us at complaints@qwestenergy.co.uk 

- Write to us at Qwest Energy, PO Box 330, Newcastle, NE12 2FP

If at any time you would prefer to talk to us face to face about your complaints, you can visit one of our Customer Service Offices. Please contact us for details of your nearest office.


Resolving your complaint

Our Customer Service team are all fully trained to handle any expression of dissatisfaction and complex cases.

We aim to resolve your complaint at the time of the first contact where appropriate and possible. If we cannot resolve your complaint at the first contact, we will issue you with a complaint reference number, as well as acknowledging your complaint in writing.

Whilst your complaint is open, we will endeavour to keep you informed at agreed times to ensure you are kept up to date as to the progress of your complaint.

If you feel that your complaint has not been handled to your satisfaction, you may ask to speak with a Team Leader.

Rest assured we will work hard to resolve your complaint as quickly as possible. However, if after 8 weeks a resolution hasn’t been reached to your satisfaction, you have the right to contact the Ombudsman Service; Energy.

If we can’t reach an agreement with you, we will send you a “final offer” letter (known as “deadlock”). You can then seek independent advice from the Ombudsman Service; Energy. If you do decide to do this, you must contact them within 12 months of receiving our letter. You can also contact the Ombudsman Services, if you have not received our letter, but 8 weeks have passed since you first complained.

Further Support

For free and impartial help or advice you may find the following contacts useful:


Citizens Advice Bureau

The Citizens Advice Bureau provide free, independent, confidential and impartial advice to everyone on their rights and responsibilities. To find your nearest Citizens Advice Bureau, visit citizensadvice.org.uk


Citizens Advice Consumer Service

Telephone: 03454 040506

Website: www.citizensadvice.org.uk/energy

The Citizens Advice Consumer Service provide free, independent and confidential advice on consumer issues. They can be consulted at any stage when you have a complaint and provide online help pages, a Consumer Helpline to give you practical and impartial advice over the phone or you can complete their web form.

You can find their Know Your Rights information here:

Or call us and we can send you a copy in the post.

Free, Impartial Advice

For free, impartial energy advice, you can contact the Citizens Advice Consumer Service (CACS) on

03454 04 05 06

or go to www.citizensadvice.org.uk/energy

You can find their Know Your Rights information and Energy Consumer Checklist here

You can also find more information about the Energy Switch Guarantee here

Or call us and we’ll send you a copy by post.

icon of arrow pointing upwards