The Qwest Energy Community Fund
As part of our focus on supporting local residents, we have created the Qwest Energy Community Fund.
Funds generated by customers signing up to Qwest Energy, will be used to support affordable warmth projects for those households living in Cheshire West and Chester who need it most.
Qwest Energy Community Fund will support;
- A discounted energy tariff for prepayment meter customers living in areas where fuel poverty levels are high.
- Delivery of energy efficiency advice workshops and drop-in sessions at community venues across the Borough to provide energy saving advice and referrals to other support services.
- Home visits for householders on income related benefits to provide tailored 121 advice on;
- energy saving tips in the home
- Fuel debt advice
- Moving away from prepayment meters
- Referrals to funded energy efficiency measures
- Signposting to other support agencies
- Energy supplier switching advice
Our network of local support agencies will refer eligible households for home visits. This will help to target the Qwest Energy Community Fund in the most effective way across the borough, to the people who need it most.
We provide our staff with 2 days of Community Leave per year, allowing them to volunteer for local causes. Since June 2015, we have totalled 2,023 hours across a range of activities, from simple litter picking to skilled workmanship for the community.
Our work experience programme has helped deliver 2,870 hours of experience to local School, College and University students along with the councils' Work Zone clients who are looking to get back into work.